Home Contents Insurance

From time to time things go wrong; a leak, flood or even fire can result in significant damage being caused to the home and its contents. This can be extremely distressing not least when personal and/or sentimental items are damaged.

We hold property buildings insurance however, we are not covered for the contents of your property; this includes items such as clothing, carpets, electrical goods and IT items such as laptops. 

The costs incurred to replace these items can be significant, often running into thousands of pounds, and therefore we recommend that our residents take out ‘contents insurance’. While we cannot recommend any one supplier, we would encourage you to search for ‘social housing contents insurance’ and perhaps consider using a comparison website. 

If you have any questions about what our insurance (buildings) covers and what is excluded from this cover, and therefore could be covered by getting contents insurance, please do not hesitate to 'Contact Us'.

More Help and Advice

The National Housing Federation has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, to provide My Home Insurance, a specialist insurance scheme, which covers the contents and personal belongings for tenants in social housing. For more details go to https://www.thistlemyhome.co.uk/